Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Primavera (Springtime)

I have a problem with Spring: the air so lovely, garden fragrant with daffodils and apple blossoms, morning dew on the grass. Every little leaf, weed, gem, rising to meet the light, to grow and eventually trasform the garden with color and life. My problem is that I would like to sit on the bench and stay there for hours looking at my garden. But I have work to do, paintings to paint, dinners to cook, dogs to walk, friends to visit ( not very often I am sorry to say). I can't sit in the garden too as much as I would like. So that's my problem with Spring: a joy that has to be savoured just a little bit. Moments that have to be snatched here and there: maybe this is good, maybe those moments are more intense because they are short. Like all good things in life, they are fleeting, but the memory remains, and the joy of it.

No comments: